Former Tom Cruise ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ dancer is suspected of sex assault

Melbourne-based dancer Nick Lazzarini, who famously danced with Tom Cruise in the film “Dangerous Liaisons,” has been pulled from the upcoming Victoria Ballet tour due to the allegation against him of inappropriate behaviour at…

Former Tom Cruise ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ dancer is suspected of sex assault

Melbourne-based dancer Nick Lazzarini, who famously danced with Tom Cruise in the film “Dangerous Liaisons,” has been pulled from the upcoming Victoria Ballet tour due to the allegation against him of inappropriate behaviour at the Abbey Theatre.

“Nick Lazzarini has confirmed his decision to return to Australia temporarily to address the matter that has arisen. As a result Nick is unable to continue on the Victoria Ballet tour. We will keep you updated when more information becomes available,” a Victoria Ballet statement said.

Earlier on Thursday, Reuters reported “a company spokeswoman said Lazzarini was asked to leave the tour but declined to elaborate.”

Police charged Cameron Stewart — the artistic director of the Abbey Theatre — with engaging in child sexual assault earlier in April.

Stewart resigned from his role and temporarily vacated the official residence of the Abbey Theatre for his arrest.

The Abbey Theatre was also the scene of sexual assault allegations, with one of its resident choreographers, Daniel Lawson, accused of sexual abuse by a woman who said he abused her between 2006 and 2008 when she was 16 and 17.

Lazzarini reportedly worked as an associate at the Abbey from 2002 to 2004. He has performed at the Abbey since 2007 and was artistic director at the Abbey until December 2017.

After Lazzarini’s departure, the Abbey Theatre sent out a statement regarding his departure.

“All allegations related to the Abbey Theatre are very serious. They involve sexual abuse allegations involving two companies in our facility and threaten the very safety of the entire house. For these reasons we have asked the man most closely involved to step aside,” the statement said.

“We will have no further comment on any of these matters, and we ask you to please await the outcome of the review of the matter.”

Click for more from The Sunday Times.

Leave a Comment